Technical Solutions Architect
The primary role of the IT solutions architect, is to ensure all IT Infrastructure applications architecture and design, systems and software Integration, functional requirements gathering, whether from inception or enhancements, are delivered on-time, aligned to industry standards, redundant and simplified by design, as well as being delivered cost effectively, whilst ensuring project delivery meets architectural objectives.
Responsible for providing hands-on design and technical leadership to the global IT and business related teams, with a solid technology background, experience in capability and data models, domain driven design for application strategy, across all phases of the software development lifecycle.
Additional responsibilities include ensuring IT Infrastructure and application design are secure, reliable, and regularly reviewed. This role will also develop and enhance relationship management with key service partners, independent contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Lead the architecture design, and delivery towards consolidation of O365 amongst operating companies globally.
- Lead the architecture and design towards implementation of a robust, cost-effective disaster recovery solution for all key business applications globally.
- Ownership of the workflow design between core system applications and functions.
- Ownership of end architecture target designs with viable interim states.
- Ownership of data integration complexity, with an aim of simplification.
- Ownership of architectural and operational design and roadmap.
- Ensure solutions are secure by design, with minimum customisation (as needed).
- Support and train technical / business leads across functions, using agile decision making.
- Responsible for ensuring the correct technical solutions and products are chosen.
- Responsible for documenting the technology landscape, interfaces, and data flows.
- Responsible for ensuring new and modified services, occur in a planned, controlled, and timely manner, with emphasis on design and implementation concepts.
- Provide monthly reporting dashboard, on network security, IoT consumption, endpoint and server security, application security, including SLA and key KPI counters to the director of IT and associated stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of IT transformation related projects and programs, to ensure application of appropriate governance processes are aligned.
- Maintain and up to date solution architecture diagrams / workflows and documentation for all key IT programmes, projects and ongoing BAU activities.
- Provide timely reports to management and key stakeholders on projects progress, and risks to delivery including non-compliance issues.
- Collaborate with the director of IT, ensuring IT security policies & practices are adhered to within all regions and groups.
- Microsoft / AWS architecture (recent experience)
- Agile methodology / delivery
- Experience with interacting with business and technology leaders.
- Experience designing physical data models (relational SQL desirable)
- Experience rolling our mid-large platforms from inception to production.
- SQL, Java, Oracle, Kubernetes exposure.
- Hardware and software virtualisation techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a complex IT infrastructure environment
- Excellent analytical abilities and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong abilities to develop and enhance relationships with clients and peers.
The Client is based in Central London.
This is a hybrid role – 3 days per week in the office.
The salary for this position circa £55K - £60K.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.