Senior Compliance Officer – Banking
Our Client is a small retail bank based in Central London.
They are looking to recruit a Senior Compliance Officer with at least 5-8 years of experience of relevant banking/AML compliance in established bank / financial institutions.
Main Focus or role:
To promote and manage the culture and practice of regulatory compliance and ethical standards in the conduct of Anti-Money Laundering Compliance functions throughout the Bank London Branch, and to ensure AML Compliance function is in compliance with those requirements and applicable standards.
To ensure the effectiveness of AML Compliance function’s management and regulatory risk issues through the establishment and maintenance of appropriate and effective framework and procedures, compliance and regulatory risks are anticipated, identified, escalated and reported to Head of Compliance, mitigated and managed so as to avoid any financial and reputational loss.
To support the Head of Compliance in the management of compliance and regulatory risks, including liaison with the Regulator’s Financial Intelligence Authority and any other regulatory and law enforcement bodies.
Executing assurance testing via the compliance monitoring plan to ensure both the adherence to the Branch Risk Appetite, and the effectiveness of the systems and controls
• Reviewing and advising on escalations received from the Anti - Financial Crime Operations team, or any other business team within the London branch
• Liaising with 1LOD in managing SARs process
• Investigating and escalating potential legal and reputational issues to the Head of Compliance/MLRO and assist with drafting any referral
• Approving high risk customers, PEPs, adverse media positive hits
• Managing disputes or complaints regarding financial crime prevention
• Contributing to financial crime reporting obligations, including returns for external regulatory reporting and MI for internal senior management fora
• Perform and oversee remediation activities to ensure completion on a timely manner
• To facilitate staff training on compliance and financial crime
• Comply to all Bank London’s policy & procedures and alignment to Group policy & procedure requirements
Key Skills Required:
A strong understanding of the UK regulations/rulebooks specifically the PRA, CRD and the FCA Conduct requirements and the ability to interpret regulations within a Bank
• Knowledge of country and industry specifics in banking
• An ability to work proactively, taking initiative with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Have strong communication (both written and verbal), reasoning and influencing skills
• Experience of undertaking compliance monitoring reviews and producing compliance monitoring reports to document compliance with internal and external regulations/process
• Strong decision making skills and the ability to make sound judgements which align to the Bank’s core principles
To assist Head of Compliance.
MLRO to provide advice and address any compliance and regulatory risk and governance issues in relation to AML Compliance function’s operation requirements
To assist Head of Compliance/MLRO to provide advice and address any compliance and regulatory risks and governance issues in relation to AML activities.
To ensure compliance with laws, regulations and policies in relation to AML activities.
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in any discipline (Accounting/Finance/Business/Economics/Financial Engineering/Law) would be of added advantage
Any certification in AML or Compliance would be off added advantage
The salary for this position is £55K - £60K plus Benefits.
The Client is based in Central London.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.