IT Support Engineer with 1st and 2nd Level Support
Our Client is a very successful bank with offices across Europe and the Middle East.
The Client is looking to recruit a 1st & 2nd Line IT Support Engineer for the Bank’s Mayfair London office.
You will have at least 3 to 5 years experience of 1st and 2nd Level Support as an Engineer.
Covering a range of various duties from; Desktop and Mobile support, to supporting our 150 + User base with 5-days a week onsite support with very limited to zero working from home, AV Support and other IT side-desk tasks.
Your role will also allow you to work and learn from our Infrastructure, Communications, iSeries and Development Teams – semi-involved with various streams of IT work for 2024 (new imaging process – new ITSM tool – and many more projects coming in 2024).
Main skills for the position:
Required to cover onsite IT Support – Monday to Friday between our business hours of 08:00am -> 17:30pm (UK).
As we work closely with our parent company in the Middle East and our European Branches, we require supporting ad-hoc out of hours support on Bank Holidays/Weekends which is rota based between the engineers in the team.
• 1st and 2nd Line Troubleshooting / Root-Cause Analysis, Documentation write ups for Knowledge Base Articles
• Be an integral part of the Support team in supporting and delivering all aspect of services and full range of client support including, but not limited to: Workstation Imaging, Hardware Configurations, Deployment of Software and Hardware, AD Management, Asset Management, Ticket Queuing Management and general overall efficiency to deliver the best service we can to our Users.
• Be the face and central point of all incoming IT queries and issues, with following ITIL best practice to ensure we always deliver high-standards of operations
• Liaise with colleagues in London, Europe and Jordan (middle-east) and external support / 3rd party to deliver resolutions for complex matters as we’re in the process of many IT migration projects from legacy to new as well as life cycling projects
• Ensure all key data for the Bank's IT is up-to-date, relevant and maintenance to high-level, to comply with the Bank’s auditing principals and processes.
• Ensure the Support Team achieve SLA targets the business outlines and be part of a proficient and proactive Support Unit
• Ability to educate and support User bases of varied level of IT knowledge
• High standard support for our VIPs (C – Level and Heads of Departments)
Technical Skills Required:
• Exposure to Market Data, Bloomberg, Trader Support (bonus)
• Microsoft Windows (all versions) experience to a high level (troubleshoot and effectively resolve issues by research/using knowledge bases in a confident way).
• Active Directory to a medium-high level - security groups, administration/deployment, LDAP, ADSI.
• Know-how of Citrix XenApps – Administration, Maintenance and Support of existing Citrix XenApps server farm
• Windows Server Environment 2012/2016 - design, deployment, maintenance and support.
• Networking - design/troubleshoot/installation (DNS – DHCP – VLAN – Proxy Understanding - TCP/IP and OSI) to a moderate to advance level
• PowerShell to a moderate level
• VPN troubleshooting and Support understanding necessary.
• Router maintenance - wireless configuration, installation and setups
This is a 12 month FTC position.
The salary will be negotiable in the range £30K - £40K.
Do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period/availability.