IT Applications and Infrastructure Support Analyst
Our Client a bank based in Central London is looking to recruit a seasoned professional with at least 5 to 10 years hands-on expertise at 2nd and 3rd level support.
- 1st and 2nd Line Troubleshooting / Root-Cause Analysis, Documentation write ups for Knowledge Base Articles
- Be an integral part of the Support team in supporting and delivering all aspect of services and full range of client support including, but not limited to: Workstation Imaging, Hardware Configurations, Deployment of Software and Hardware, AD Management, Asset Management, Ticket Queuing Management (Alloy Navigator) and general overall efficiency to deliver the best service we can to our Users.
- Be the face and central point of all incoming IT queries and issues, with following ITIL best practice to ensure we always deliver high-standards of operations
- Liaise with colleagues in London and external support / 3rd party to deliver resolutions for complex matters as we’re in the process of many IT migration projects from legacy to new as well as life cycling projects
- Ensure all key data for IT is up-to-date, relevant and maintenance to high-level, to comply with the Bank’s auditing principals and processes.
- Ensure the Support Team achieve SLA targets the business outlines and be part of a proficient and proactive Support Unit
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements including the Bank’s Risk and Compliance policies and procedures and adhere to these to avoid exposing the Bank to undue risk.
- Report policy / procedure breaches and areas of potential non-compliance and suspicions promptly upon identification in accordance with the Bank’s Risk and Compliance policies.
- Accurately execute all controls within own area to minimise risk of policy, procedure and / or regulatory breaches.
- Identify new risks / control gaps within own area and escalate accordingly to your Line Manager and / or regulatory exercises.
- Training under a Senior IT Engineer / Head of Infrastructure in the Team during Probation period
- As part of the probation period, assignment of small side IT desk projects to support and deliver IT Projects
- Complete all annual mandatory regulatory refresher training as per the Bank’s training plans and deadlines.
- Proactively seek to complete recommended technical and behavioural competencies training required for your role.
Technical Experience Required:
- Exposure to Market Data, Bloomberg, Trader Support
- Microsoft Windows (all versions) experience to a high level (troubleshoot and effectively resolve issues by research/using knowledge bases in a confident way).
- Active Directory to a medium-high level - security groups, administration/deployment, LDAP, ADSI.
- Citrix XenApps – Administration, Maintenance and Support of existing Citrix XenApps server farm
- Windows Server Environment 2012/2016 - design, deployment, maintenance and support.
- VM-Ware virtualisation environments.
- Backups (various and ability to use different applications).
- Networking - design/troubleshoot/installation (VLAN, routing, switching, TCP/IP and OSI)
- Router maintenance - wireless configuration, installation and setups.
- PowerShell to a competent level (backup/azure/EMC).
- VPN Administration and Deployment.
- DNS – administration of DNS internal and external.
Salary will be in the range £50K - £65K.
The position is hybrid with 3 days in the office in Central London.
Do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.