Head of Finance – Investment Bank Poland
Our Client is a leading global investment bank, who are now looking to recruit a Head of Finance with at least 5 to 10 years proven track in finance.
- Drive to ensure preparation and review of financial / management reports and reconciliations are in line with the financial processes and controls, to ensure integrity of the reporting.
- Manage (and co-ordinate) the review and approval of financial accounting journals & adjustments across all legal entities (e.g. accounting adjustments) to ensure no required adjustments are overlooked.
- Exceedingly high quality of financial, management reporting and analysis provided for multiple regions and/or entities.
- Quick and good understanding of complex systems & data flows, pertaining to financial reporting.
- Responsible for dealing with ad hoc/management reporting requests from various stakeholders.
- Effectively supervise all the necessary period end closure processes, including:
- Review of period end journals to be posted;
- Post approved complex financial accounting adjustments into the relevant accounting/finance systems;
- Approve Balance Sheet reconciliations and maintain supporting documentation.
- Consistently identify and drive efficiency opportunities, including change projects, in the areas of responsibility.
- Support Businesses with their queries to ensure sustainable profitability of the business by providing analysis of results.
- Challenge internal customers, to ensure the appropriate volume and structure of financial reporting and analysis is provided.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to further streamline, standardize and improve processes in areas of responsibility.
- Qualified accountant, ACA or equivalent, is mandatory.
- Any additional professional qualifications/certifications, such as CIMA, ACCA etc., will be an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of financial principles (IFRS), financial accounting and control.
- Deep understanding of banking products.
- Knowledge of prudential and financial reporting regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to liaise effectively with other teams/stakeholders, across Geo locations.
- Excellent communication skills, in English, both written and verbal
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel & PowerPoint, is definitely desired.
- Strong analytical ability, tenacity, and sound commercial judgment.
- Strong control mind-set and experience in applying financial/reporting controls
- Ability to identify and implement change and challenge the status quo.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing effective internal networks.
- Experience of motivating others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
The role is based in Krakow Poland but can be worked remotely from the UK until later this year.
Salary will be in the range circa Euros 70K – Euros 90K.
Please send your CV to us for this exciting new position in Word format along with your salary and availability.