Director of IT Engineering
The Director of Engineering (DOE) possesses a range of management, technology, and engineering experiences serving as the leader of our engineering department.
The DOE is responsible for developing the technological vision for the Company in partnership with other executives; establishing the executive direction related to the technological interests of the Company, how technology is utilized in support of our staff, partners, and customers to help improve and increase business; as well as oversee the effective deployment, implementation, and management of internal engineering operations.
The DOE will develop a roadmap and budget to help support technology investments that enable the Company to meet its vision.
The DOE is both a strategist and a technologist able to provide high-level strategy guidance to staff, partners, and vendors as well as provide mentorship and instruction to our delivery teams in all aspects of technology implementation.
● Strategize with CIO and major stakeholders to align the goals of the engineering team with the goals of the Company.
● Provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the Company business operations
● Advocate and communicate technology and engineering capabilities internally and externally and actively support the company’s business and growth efforts by being the technical subject matter expert
● Establish and nurture relationships with The Company staff, partners, and vendors to demonstrate the Company’s engineering capabilities and help them be more effective and efficient through leveraging technology and engineering
● Provide technical thought leadership for the business, internally among staff and externally across partners and vendors
● Develop the company’s strategy for how technology and engineering will be used and ensure that the technological resources meet the company's short and long-term vision
Technical Leadership and Team Management
● Lead and empower The Company’s engineering team to develop strategies for the execution of our work and oversee that those strategies are thoughtfully executed and aligned with The Company’s long-term business strategy and vision
● Serve the go-to person for the escalation of issues affecting engineering and technology teams (and help them navigate solutions)
● Continuously evaluate and improve engineering processes, tools, and methodologies to enhance efficiency and productivity
● Maintain relevance and up-to-date knowledge on modern technologies and practices to effectively deliver digital services in the art / gallery / museum / auction space
● Triage and problem-solve engineering and technology issues and assist teams in resolution and successfully lead teams to develop risk mitigation and incident management plans
● Audit The Company’s technology usage and ensure technologies are used efficiently and securely
● Develop and implement strategies to mitigate the impact of engineering talent turnover on business continuity and maintain engineering capability resiliency
● Identify, attract, recruit, hire, and on-board experienced and value-aligned engineering personnel
● Mentor, coach, and support teams in the delivery of digital products and services
Product Planning and Development
● Work with business and product management to develop and maintain a roadmap and budget for the execution of investments in the technology space in support of The Company’s vision and mission
● Develop and maintain a standardized and efficient SDLC process, including methodologies, best practices, and tools, to ensure consistency and quality throughout the development process
● In collaboration with business and product management, oversee prioritization, project planning, execution, and delivery, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within scope, and within budget
● Collaborate with other stakeholders, including vendors, partners, designers, engineers, contractors, testers, and product managers, to ensure seamless project execution
● Proven experience as a Director of Engineering or similar leadership role
● Experience in leading and overseeing development in all aspects of the SDLC using Agile/RAD methodologies
● Experience in designing and scaling out in-house customer relationship management, asset management, and business intelligence (and tangential ERP processes) software(s)
● Exceptional leadership and team-building skills, particularly hiring/managing a remote, cross-functional (including UX designers, product managers, testers), global team
● Excellent project management and organizational skills
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills
● Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
You will have at least 10 to 20 years expertise at this level.
The position will be based in Central New York.
The salary will be circa $200K - $250K.
Do send your CV to us for this exciting new position and include your salary in USD along with your notice period and residential status.