DevOps Architect with AWS
Our Client is an established international company with offices in Leeds UK.
The looking to recruit a DevOps Architect with at least 3 to 5 years expertise as DevOps Architect around an AWS environment.
You'll support Project Management teams to successfully implement and monitor initiatives and provide supporting technical documentation.
You will also assist with establishing IT Architecture best practice and drive continuous improvement.
The role will also involve staying at the forefront of new technologies and new vendors
- Serve as an AWS specialist, consult and provide technical guidance on AWS design, governance, performance, scalability, security, operations and cost control best practices to ensure we maximize our AWS investment
- Work with our partners in IT and the business to guide the architecture and high level solutioning of new products and services so that they operate excellently
- Assess our cloud maturity, review existing AWS cloud implementations, identify gaps and suggest improvements to improve our cloud maturity horizons
- Work as part of a team on larger solutions, providing technical support as requested, for internal and external Team members to meet delivery timescales
- Map the state of products today, and their path over the next 3-5 years to support EOL and EOS risk mitigation
- Support the DevOps teams who run the existing applications to improve our technical maturity levels, as well as the availability, functionality, performance, security and cost of running those applications
- Guide the depreciation and removal of outdated technologies and practices across the business to minimize risk
- Guide the adoption of new technologies and practices across the business to maximize our technological advantage
- Define, refine, automate and improve our processes so that as a company we’re more efficient, effective, safe and secure
- Promote a continuous, automated, and feedback-driven route to Production for product changes
- Keep up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
BS/MS degree in Computer Science or 4-8 years related experience
AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Producing technical artefacts and documenting the As-Is and To-Be states
- Devising the best cost optimization solutions and following best practices for cloud services
- Defining standards and cross product patterns to improve our consistency across a wide landscape of existing and new products.
- Security awareness and experience, with a “security by design” mindset
- Agile development techniques and Project management (SCRUM, KANBAN etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals (internal and external) at all levels
- Ability to work effectively within a team and autonomously with minimal supervision
- The ability to support people through change
Must have the following:
3+ years of architecting and delivering public cloud solutions, particularly around AWS
5+ years of production experience within AWS
Experience designing, implementing and operating large scale SaaS products
Experience implementing and designing cloud native security concepts, DevSecOps, or MLOps.
Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
Proficient in leveraging CI/CD tools to automate testing and deployment
An expert who can create tooling and automation which improve developer experiences and speed of delivery.
This is an exciting position for someone who enjoys challenges.
The salary will dependent upon expertise but in the range £65K - £80K + Bonus + Car allowance.
The position will be based at the Clients Leeds offices although you can work remotely and attend meetings as and when required.
So send your CV to us in Word format along with your Salary and notice period.