Application Support Analyst 2nd and 3rd Line
Our Client an international company a looking to recruit an Application Support Analyst with experience of 2nd and 3rd line support.
The main responsibility for providing day to day operational support for the Clients Application Portfolio, through the effective use and management of incident, requests and problems.
You will be responsible for the regular monitoring and maintenance of the application portfolio.
In addition you will provide appropriate SharePoint expertise, in terms of support, content management and development of sites, services and functionality.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for the Clients application portfolio
- Monitor application systems, identifying performance trends and taking action when necessary to stop problems arising
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers, ensuring issues are escalated and dealt with as necessary and to SLA
- Manage all system access requests
- Own application/system documentation and the data repository that holds that information (i.e. SharePoint)
- Provide technical support to the application architect and project services as required for project deliverables
- Ensure that pro-formas are completed and submitted and track delivery
- Provide test support for new and enhanced systems/applications
- Responsible for Change Management process, ensuring that changes are managed, roll-back plans are in place and that they are appropriately scheduled and approved
- Owns Configuration Management process
- Responsible for scheduled maintenance and capacity planning
- Ensure that security, compliance and legislation is considered in all aspects of the role and associated processes
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Clients data warehouse
- Run reports and conduct analysis in-line with Business/Management requirements
- Responsible for the provision of performance information, ensuring timely, accurate reports are provided to the necessary parties
- Work with the Application Architect and Project Services to ensure that data/information analysis and reporting is considered in the development of new and enhanced systems design to ensure consideration is given to the linking, matching and cleansing of data across systems.
Proven experience working in 1st and 2nd line support role
- Experience of working with ITIL processes within an organisation, in particular, incident, request, change and problem Management
- Experience working in a customer facing technical role
- Proven experience working with and managing 3rd party suppliers
- Experience managing assets, both hardware and software
- Knowledge and understanding of the application portfolio
- Excellent team working and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Good team player and collaborative
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Technical background in application support and maintenance
The position will be based in Peterborough.
The salary for this role will be in the range £35K - £40K.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your notice period and availability.