Technical Project Manager – Bank – City of London
As the Technical Project Manager, you play an integral role in a high performing team to deliver technical projects on time, to budget and that achieve both the project objectives and increase internal customer satisfaction.
This is a hybrid role where you apply your technical expertise in either software development or IT infrastructure projects. At times, you might need to chip in on business requirement scoping and technical delivery to get the project across the line.
You leverage your project management expertise and adept communication skills to lead the end-to-end project lifecycle and by doing so, you directly shape the success of IT projects, and therefore our business.
- Maintaining high performance levels for service-related processes, and implementing improvement activities wherever necessary
- Taking ownership of critical risks and issues, coordinating resolution with all appropriate constituents, and establishing effective communication between stakeholders
- Developing a deep understanding of projects to gain insights into the scope of service delivery
- Manage metrics reporting and analysis of business demand against capacity constraints
- Manage the development and delivery of IT products utilizing Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Focus on the constant improvement of quality, speed and ensuring the team learns and gets better each sprint.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Engineering, and security teams to comply with established policies and procedures and verifies that deliverables meet requirements
- Provide communication and escalation to IT and business area management on critical issues
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with business area representatives to remain in sync on direction and future delivery requests
- Comfortable capturing and challenging briefs to ensure we are delivering the most worthwhile solutions
- Experience of leading, energising and mentoring project members
- Experience in IT project delivery including managing all project phases from analysis, design, build, testing, implementation and hand over to BAU teams.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- A high level of organisation and demonstrated skills to manage a team’s capacity
- Comfortable multitasking and prioritising several tasks at once
- Hard-working with an outgoing and positive nature
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Technical skillsets within IT Infrastructure and Development will be mandatory
- Microsoft based environment including – MS SQL, Exchange, Active Directory, IIS, Symantec, Citrix
- Network – Cisco, Palo Alto, ForcePoint, Symantec Email Security
- Programming Language – T-SQL, VB.net, C#, PowerShell, ASP
The Client is a bank based in the City of London.
The salary for this position will be circa £60K - £70K.
This is a 12 month FTC position.
Do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.