Storage & Server Architect
As an Storage & Server Architect you would be a key part of the Infrastructure unit and have overall responsibility to design, maintain and provide 2nd & 3rd line support for all Storage & Systems hardware, Operating & Virtualisation Software, Open source and application integration.
You would work towards providing a 24/7 support system.
Ensure maximum availability of core systems and that performance monitoring is in place and appropriate system capacity planning is undertaken.
You would also ensure that required DR and BCP provisions exist and are tested regularly.
Maintenance of Infrastructure
- Provide storage & server hardware, virtualisation,services management, enable technical innovation that can create business value to assist with the company’s requirements and expectations.
- Lead large technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the company’s infrastructure and associated product portfolio, including but not limited to 24x7 data centre infrastructure management and evolution, remote access services and enterprise-scale database environments.
- Carry out annual technology and user audits.
- Manage the provision and maintenance of 3rd party infrastructure to agreed SLA’s including hosting, personal computing support and networking at all major NGC locations.
- Manage all NGC owned servers, switches, firewalls and routers.
- Maintain appropriate licenses and subscriptions for computer hardware and software.
- Manage system security, performance monitoring and alerting, ensure appropriate backups are in place and retained for all systems.
- Ensure a disaster recovery arrangement is maintained, as required in collaboration with the compliance team and operations are in place to ensure compliance during business continuity events.
- Work with Compliance Director in the development, adoption and enforcement of Information Security policies, procedures and standards.
- Work with the Network and Security Architect to ensure appropriate security, patching, maintain secure Internet connectivity & private network connection to/from our partners, customers and other Data & Financial Clearing House
- Work with Database and Development team for all compute, server and storage providing requirement & 24/7 availability.
- Complete annual reviews and internal audit of required ISO 27001, 9001 and 22301 standards.
- Extensive knowledge of data centre operations, , network engineering, datacentre applications, client/server computing and production operations support.
- Specific technologies of note include Microsoft Server & Linux Operating System.
- Experience with mid tier storage hardware & appliance is essential, more specifical experience with IBM Storage V37xx & V50xx series will be beneficial.
- Infrastructure applications, Networking, VMware, Firewall, Security and/or Enterprise-level SANs.
- Experience with Cloud Services & Provisioning (Experience of Oracle Cloud would be preferential)
- Ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
The Client has offices in Central London – although this position will mainly remote.
The salary for this role will be circa £65K - £80K.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.