IT Technical Network Systems Engineer
Our Client is an international company with offices in several countries around the World.
They are looking to recruit a talented IT professional with 5 to 7 years solid hands-on expertise as a Technical Network Systems Engineer.
The primary role of the IT Technical Systems Engineer is to ensure a smooth , end user support for all users in our Los Angeles office, with specific focus on our user base In the United States.
This role requires good customer and client facing skills, with primary efforts on ensuring communication, managing IT software or hardware changes, printers (local and MFD), documentation, and system administration are seamlessly supported and deployed, whether locally or remotely, via phone and/or email. Ability to communicate effectively in English is essential for this role.
This role is key towards promoting and representing IT practices, and requires an in-depth knowledge of Apple MAC (IOS), and its supporting desktop applications.
Equally essential is a solid understanding and technical awareness of user collaboration tools for conference support, desktop and mobile telephony, asset management tools, File sharing protocols, user permission and folder administration.
The following is a list of some of the day-to-day activities for this role:
- Daily interaction with users at all levels.
- Support employees and their (Mac) OS X clients, incl. web-based systems, Microsoft, Adobe CS Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Apple iWork, CAD (SketchUp, Vectorworks, AutoCAD), and Google Suite Applications.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of our backup Infrastructure, including daily backups for applications, laptops, servers and other designated backup hardware.
- Responsible for new starter training and inductions (when required),
- Maintain IT all aspects of IT security systems, including fire alarm.
- Maintenance and upkeep of Cisco Meraki systems.
- Collaborate with IT colleagues to manage global application deployments, or updates to desktop or user applications, either via automation or manually.
- Manage daily user related issues and/or risks and escalate as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate stock levels of critical components are checked weekly, and stock related documents updated, and ordered.
- Provide timely report to IT management and key stakeholders on progress of dedicated tasks, or on-going activities, by updating weekly focus report.
The Client would like you to bring the following skillsets to the company:
- Apple MAC Certification an advantage.
- Microsoft Office 2008+ support essential.
- MAC OSX Server Administration essential.
- Adobe application support (Photoshop, Indesign etc), an advantage
- Exposure to JAMF Mobile Device Management (MDM) an advantage.
- Google suite support essential (Gmail, G-Storage, G-Docs)
- Microsoft O365 support an advantage (Exchange, OWA)
- Exposure to backup applications an advantage.
- Prior experience in supporting 100+ employees an advantage.
- Good documentation and analytical skills, with a passion for user satisfaction.
- Mobile Device support (Iphones, Ipads and Macbook’s) essential
- Good interpersonal skills, with an ability to develop, and enhance relationships with clients and peers.
- Open Directory / Active Directory exposure essential
There may be occasional travel to other sites in Europe may be required occasionally.
The Client is based in Central Los Angeles.
The salary for this position is up to $65K per year plus benefits.
Please send you CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.