IT Security Manager
Our Client is a large international organisation who are looking to recruit an IT Security Manager with at least 5 to 8 years proven expertise.
Provide advice, support and guidance to all Company Corporate functions to assist them to maintain and improve their information security maturity.
To work collaboratively with all areas of the Company Corporate and build networks and relationships to promote Information Security.
Support Security operations to continuously improve information security awareness across the group, including phishing campaigns and associated reporting
- Experience in an information security risk leadership role within a large organisation.
- Confident in presenting, discussing and championing ideas and concepts with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of running information security risk governance processes and structures
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards for information security (e.g. ISO27001, NIST CSF)
- Experience of creating, implementing and assessing against information security policies and standards
- Able to analyse complex, ambiguous problems and summarise clearly with a view to establishing practical solutions
- Able to “bridge the gap” between technologists and business-people, bringing to life information security risks to the business, while maintaining a pragmatic outlook on likelihood and impact of the risk and cost/complexity of the mitigation.
- Ensuring initiatives/programmes are anchored in best practice whilst still being highly practical/pragmatic.
- Ability to defuse situations and resolve conflict to a win-win outcome
- Influence others understand their views and agree ways of working that are acceptable to all parties.
Business acumen to understand business risks and the information security implications
- Able to identify when information security risks need to be escalated to achieve the right level of management visibility.
- Able to prioritise security risks and controls, differentiating the essential from the “nice to have”.
- Able to judge how to communicate messages to people to maximise buy-in and/or understanding.
- Able to analyse data with rigour & reach sound conclusions
- Can assess when further data gathering, or analysis will bring diminishing returns. Can place appropriate weight on prevailing (sometimes conflicting) evidence.
- Support and manage budget
- Responsibility of information security incident management
- Responsibility for security assessments and assurance activities (e.g. penetration testing) and when to use them.
- Oversee and management of security compliance management and reporting in relation to any relevant regulatory or legal requirements Operational responsibility of management of third parties
Responsibility for managing change management around project and change leadership.
Able to judge the political and other people aspects of a situation, and tailor messages and approach to bring people along.
- Able to work with others, setting challenging but realistic targets for team members, and through coaching and appropriate guidance, securing a successful outcome.
- A positive collegiate approach to developing relationships and networks at all levels across the Company and the gravitas to work persuasively with senior stakeholders.
Is aware of different styles of stakeholders and can adjust own leadership style successfully to bridge any gaps.
The Client and the role is based in Central London – and you will be required to be in the office at least 3 days week.
The salary for this position will be £75K + £85K plus Benefits.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format for this exciting new position along with your salary and availability.