IT Systems Network Support Engineer
Our Client is a Bank based in Central London, are looking to recruit an IT Systems Support Engineer ideally with at least 2 years of experience in IT within the financial industry and overall 5 years of experience in IT.
You will be working in a small team managing the day-to-day technology infrastructure to ensure that the Bank can operate efficiently.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the IT infrastructure of the Bank by providing first line support of software, hardware and networking that incudes installation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Manage day to day operational aspects of a project and scope
- To design, plan and deploy IT projects to enhance the existing IT infrastructure and also any applications required by the bank.
- End User Computing support for all staff.
- Coordinator between the London Users and Group IT Security on all requests for systems access and to ensure that such permissions are provided promptly, are regularly updated and that the Group Access Matrix Protocol is followed at all times
- Preserve the Assets of the Bank by implementing Disaster Recovery and back up procedures and ensuring that the standards comply with Group requirements
- Provide IT support to ensure the smooth running of daily and periodic reports for the London Compliance team to ensure adherence to the Anti Money Laundering Provisions
- Undertake Data Extraction for reporting requirements for all the other stakeholders at the bank
- To monitor the CCTV, telephony systems and door access systems and to ensure that they are well maintained with proper backup and that relevant maintenance procedures are applied
- Overall networking equipment monitoring (i.e. Network Switches, Firewall and other appliances) and support
- To plan and carry out maintenance checks to ensure IT Operations, infrastructures are running smoothly and ensure daily routine task completeness
- To maintain and ensure that the BCP site is always ready for continuous bank operations
- To maintain the branch PABX system and to ensure that the recording system is always up and running at all times
The following is a list of technical skills required for the role:
- Proficient in common operating systems
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and above
- Redhat Linux based Operating System
- Software proficiency
- VMWare v6.7 and above
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus
- Microsoft Office 365
- Networking (IT)
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- Fortigate Firewalls
- LAN/WAN Routing
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Dell PowerVault SAN Storage
- Project management
- Data analysis
Bachelor or Master’s degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline (IT/Information Systems/Computer Science/Technology/Programming/Information Science/System Engineering/Computing)
The salary for this role is in the range £35K - £40K.
The Client is a bank based in Central London.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.