IT Support Technician
The role of IT Support Technician will lead and manage all day-to-day ICT 2nd and 3rd line support activities for multiple schools as directed by the ICT Network Manager and/or ICT Schools Manager.
The Support Technician will liaise with Head Office and School staff, the IT Service Desk and other 3rd line support teams to identify, prioritise, own and resolve all IT support and service requests.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support to UK staff, schools staff and students
- Carry out routine maintenance of all computer hardware and network services to maintain agreed availability.
- Respond to and resolve IT faults and requests through onsite visits and remote support tools to agreed service levels.
- Install and configure approved computer hardware and licensed software, following agreed policies and procedures.
- Maintain site documentation, including hardware and software inventories, to ensure accuracy of information, legal and financial compliance.
- Manage staff and student user accounts following agreed policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain server back-ups to ensure system and user data is protected and secure.
- Monitor IT (physical and network) security and report any risks or incidents to School Head teachers, Network Manager or Schools IT Manager
- Any other reasonably requested duties
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, including written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communicating effectively and professionally with people at all levels of the organization.
- Effective communication skills in a technical respect with other IT professionals, and in non-technical terms with other colleagues
- Self-motivation, effective time management and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be able to use initiative and work under pressure, consistently employing a customer centric approach to resolving all IT issues.
- Demonstrable methodical problem solving, excellent analytical skills and creative thinking.
- Able to demonstrate good judgement and decision-making skills in resolving issues in challenging situations, knowing when to sign post, escalate and resolve issues.
- Experience in establishing new processes and procedures as well as following those already in place and always looking for improvements.
- A desire to, and demonstrable experience of supporting teaching and learning
- Effective engagement with IT service partners and 3rd parties
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Windows 10
- Active Directory support
- LAN & WAN technologies and protocols, including VLAN, wireless, DNS and DHCP.
- SIMS.net and SOLUS3 support
- Mobile device support including Apple, Windows, and Android tablets
- AV and interactive boards and screens
- Shared printing solutions
- Desktop/Server Hardware support and troubleshooting
- Apple device management and support
- Flexible working, travel to support multiple sites/offices.
- Experience of working in a Service Desk environment (2nd or 3rd line support role)
- Experience of working in the education or similar sector is preferable.
- ITIL preferred but not essential.
This will be a 2 to 3 months contract initially.
The position will be in North London.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your daily rate and availability.