IT Support Officer – Islington
Our Client is looking to recruit an IT Support Analyst with at least 3 years experience.
As an IT Support Officer (administrator) you will provide effective 1st line IT assistance across all aspects of the business. Responsibilities are focused primarily on general IT support functions.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and visibility across several departments in the organisation. As IT Support Officer you will benefit from direct exposure to the senior leaders of the company.
IT is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Company’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to number of business users.
The Officer will be responsible for addressing IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from setting up email accounts to system diagnostics, from enhancing and developing the IT policies to working with the IT team to improve cybersecurity.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Provide recurrent IT security education/training to users
- Manage the on boarding and off boarding IT-related process, including setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct IT training and orientation programs for users.
- In conjunction with the Group IT Manager and with relevant approval, develop and implement training and documentation policies, standards and procedures.
- Set up and configure desktops, laptops, printers, IP and landlines phones
- Manage the IT procurement activities
- Ensure all software purchased licensing is recorded and maintained.
- Report faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops.
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained.
- Work with vendors to diagnose, reproduce, and resolve technical problems.
- Monitor attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised, or illegal activity, investigate security alerts and provide incident response.
- Maintain physical local network and telephone cabling, switches, and hubs.
Provide assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Windows and MacOS troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Google Workspace and Office365
- Networking troubleshooting
- Analytical and Organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven experience in an IT-related support role, experience of troubleshooting and supporting desktops/laptops.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a multicultural team.
- Exceptionally detail focused
- Impressive verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions accordingly and can work autonomously
The Client is based in Islington London.
The position is office based.
Salary will be £32K - £35K.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.