IT Infrastructure Team Lead
Our Client has a great opportunity to play a key role as an IT Infrastructure Team Leader.
You will be leading a team of highly skilled infrastructure professionals, third party management and will have responsibility for all infrastructure services.
This covers network, hosting, and server infrastructure (on-premises and cloud).
As IT Infrastructure Team Leader, you will have highly developed leadership skills, strong technical IT infrastructure skills and have proven experience effectively delivering infrastructure projects.
We are looking for an Infrastructure Team Leader with at least 5 to 7 years proven hands-on expertise who has knowledge managing & improving technologies, security, and compliance for internal led standards.
- Responsible for managing, mentoring, and developing a team of highly skilled 3rd line infrastructure engineers, ensuring a high performing team
- Work closely with the IT management team, 3rd parties, and business and product owners to deliver efficient infrastructure services, ensuring excellent working relationships exist and the department benefits from collaborative working and the sharing of knowledge
- Management, administration, and operational support of the infrastructure
- Contribute to the effective governance of project deliverables to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and adhere to the IT Infrastructure roadmaps and architectural strategy
- Managing Incidents and Requests in line with agreed SLA's/OLA's
- Providing a first point of escalation for the team in respect of service/delivery issues
- Proactive incident, problem, change and configuration management
- Management of resources ensuring adequate cover is maintained to deliver the existing support requirements
- Ensuring effective DR/BCP plans exist to deliver the required RPOs and RTOs for all infrastructure services, including regular testing
- Managing effective and value adding third party relationships.
- Proven experience of supporting a large 24x7 operations, and experience of leading a multi-skilled team through change and transition
- Technically delivered a Cloud migration project
- Exceptional people management skills to inspire and motivate a team of highly technical specialists
- Managing internal and third-party resources as required to plan, design, build and run the enterprise IT infrastructure
- Experience of delivering infrastructure changes within a fast paced, high frequency change environment
- An excellent understanding of enterprise best practice infrastructure management, including use of automation/orchestration, monitoring, and logging
- Previous experience working in mixed on-premises/cloud environments e.g., Azure/AWS
- Working knowledge of information security threats and the best way to prevent them
- Minimum ITIL V3 Foundation certified and significant experience in ITIL aligned environments
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Have a broad understanding of relevant technologies and the opportunities they provide to enhance our service offerings – examples are:
- Microsoft based server infrastructures and back-office technologies
- Linux/open-source technologies
- Experience of delivering solutions using a mix of on premise, hybrid and SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models
- Virtualisation technologies
- Data Centre and Edge Networking
- Infrastructure and Endpoint security technologies
- Office 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Scripting, PowerShell, Ansible
The Client is based in Paddington London.
The salary for this position is in the range £65K - £75K plus benefits.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.