Infrastructure Engineer New York
For this role you will need to have at least 5 to 7 years hands-on proven expertise as an Infrastructure Engineer.
This role is key towards promoting and representing IT practices and requires an in-depth knowledge of Apple MAC (iOS), and its supporting desktop applications.
Equally essential is a solid understanding and technical awareness of user collaboration tools for conference and video support, messaging, desktop and mobile telephony, asset management tools, file sharing protocols, user permissions and folder administration.
- Support employees and their (Mac) OS X clients, incl. web-based systems, Microsoft O365 (SharePoint, Email, Teams, OneDrive, Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.)
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of our backup Infrastructure, including daily backups for applications, laptops, servers and other designated backup hardware.
- Responsibility for monitoring,response and audit on all NY based systems.
- Active representation and participation in weekly Change Management meetings.
- Responsible for IT new starter training and inductions.
- Maintain all aspects of IT security systems, including access control, alarm systems.
- Maintenance and upkeep of network management systems (Meraki).
- Collaborate with global IT colleagues to manage global application deployments, updates to desktop, patch deployments and system updates.
- Manage daily user related issues and/or risks and escalate as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate stock levels of critical components are checked weekly, and stock related documents updated, and ordered.
- Provide timely report to Senior IT management and key stakeholders on progress of dedicated tasks, or on-going activities, by updating weekly focus report.
- Apple MAC Certification an advantage.
- Microsoft Office 2008+ support essential.
- MAC OSX Server administration desired.
- Active Directory administration essential.
- Azure system administration essential.
- Adobe application support (Photoshop, Indesign etc), an advantage
- Exposure to JAMF Mobile Device Management (MDM) an advantage.
- Microsoft O365 / Azure support an advantage.
- Exposure to backup applications an advantage (Druva).
- Prior experience in supporting 100+ employees an advantage.
- Mobile Device support (iPhone, iPad and MacBook’s) essential
The Client is based in downtown New York USA.
Salary is circa $65K - $90K.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.