Compliance Officer – Bank
Our Client is looking to recruit a Compliance Officer with at least 3 years experience of working within Compliance from the banking industry.
- To promote and manage the culture and practice of regulatory compliance and ethical standards conduct across London Bank Branch
- To ensure the effectiveness of the Financial Crime Prevention framework with particular emphasis on AML/CTF and Sanctions Compliance
- To be a SME for regulatory compliance and Financial crime matters to the London Bank Branch staff
- To support the Head of Compliance in the management of compliance and regulatory risks, including liaison with the Regulator’s Financial Intelligence Authority and any other regulatory and law enforcement bodies.
- Perform on going transaction monitoring, on higher risk rated clients at an agreed frequency, as and when required
- To escalate suspicious or ambiguous transactions to supervisor/Manager or Head of Compliance for a review or decision
- Perform Compliance Review on respective business units on periodic basis, as per Compliance Review plan endorsed by Senior Management team
- Perform Control Effective Testing (CET) on selected key business areas, especially areas that poses higher risk in Compliance and/or AML
- Ensure all control gaps are identified and addressed, closed to mitigate any potential risks.
- Assist Head of Compliance with Compliance/Anti-Money Laundering advisory to business team, when required
- Identify potential AML & Compliance process or policy improvements and communicate findings and recommendation to quality assurance management team
- Provide guidance and training, where required on areas of improvement
- Perform on going validation of monitoring strategies to ensure appropriate AML and Compliance governance and control
- Conduct timely follow up on pending outstanding issues to ensure proper resolution and issue closure
Draft, validate and submit reports to regulators on FinCrime and Compliance matters
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in any discipline (Accounting/Finance/Business/Economics/Financial Engineering/Law) would be of added advantage
Certification in AML/FCC or Compliance
2-3 years of experience of relevant banking/AML compliance in established bank / financial institutions
- In-depth knowledge of AML compliance function, including the related/applicable rules and regulations
- The required understanding of the business/business units and it’s operations.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office especially MS Excel, MS Powerpoint etc.
Personal skills (Soft Competencies [Core/Leadership])
- Personal integrity and ethics.
- Good judgment in enabling the provision of sound advice on regulation and practice, proactive management of compliance and regulatory risks.
- Good presentation and influencing skills, required in guiding and assisting teams in putting forward proposals for clients, whenever necessary.
- Effective managerial skill as a point of reference for the subordinates.
The salary for this position is £45K - £50K plus Benefits.
The Client is based in Central London.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and notice period.