Application Support Analyst
Our Client is looking to recruit an Application Support Analyst with at least 3 to 5 years 1st and 2nd Line Support experience.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, the Application Support Analyst has primary responsibility for providing day to day operational support for the Application Portfolio, through the effective use and management of incident, requests and problems. ou will be responsible for the regular monitoring and maintenance of the application portfolio.
You will be responsible for the change management process, ensuring that the all changes are managed in accordance with the appropriate policies and that they have an appropriate roll-back plan and are scheduled in conjunction with the SSC and 3rd party suppliers as appropriate.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for the application portfolio
- Monitor application systems, identifying performance trends and taking action when necessary to stop problems arising
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers, ensuring issues are escalated and dealt with as necessary and to SLA
- Own application/system documentation and the data repository that holds that information (i.e. SharePoint)
- Provide technical support to the application architect and project services as required for project deliverables
- Provide test support for new and enhanced systems/applications
- Responsible for Change Management process, ensuring that changes are managed, roll-back plans are in place and that they are appropriately scheduled and approved by CAB, liaising with Change Manager
- Owns Configuration Management process
- Responsible for scheduled maintenance and capacity planning
- Ensure that security, compliance and legislation is considered in all aspects of the role and associated processes
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the data warehouse
- Run reports and conduct analysis in-line with Business/Management requirements
- Responsible for the provision of performance information, ensuring timely, accurate reports are provided to the necessary parties
- Work with the Application Architect and Project Services to ensure that data/information analysis and reporting is considered in the development of new and enhanced systems design to ensure consideration is given to the linking, matching and cleansing of data across systems.
- Proven experience working in 2nd/3rdline support role
- Experience of working with ITIL processes within an organisation, in particular, incident, request, change and problem Management
- Experience working in a customer facing technical role
- Proven experience working with and managing 3rd party suppliers
- Experience managing assets, both hardware and software
The Client has offices in Peteborough.
Salary for this role is £35K - £40K + Benefits.
Please do send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability